ZigZag and moving forward

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by eyal, May 3, 2016.

1. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

I have my ZigZag game going down (thank you @Phill Mason ).
    At the moment the game starts with an advanced move (on start) and the charter is facing forward (imagine a car going down the hill). Is it possible to have in zig zag control also forward ? At the moment it's defined with switch for left and right. How can I have the default move forward and not left or right ?

Phill Mason likes this.
  2. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Yes you can use an amount of "Y" value to make the character move forward a little when it switches between left and right. Bare in mind that if you set a Y value, it will always move forward by that amount each time if that's what you need??

Alternatively, if you only want the character to move forward at certain points within the game, you could position a path so your character collides with it at a certain point and moves forward down the path - just an idea.

3. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

Thank you @Phill Mason for the ideas but this is not what I need. I want the default move of the player to be forward (again imagine downhill) and he choses left or right like in zigzag

4. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

It's hard to understand what you're really after without any screenshots. In my head its doable, but I'm probably missing your view???
    I'm pretty sure one of the default template has the character move forward when the game starts and then when the user taps - he moves left or right, I thought that is what you're after.

5. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

Thank you for that. yes this is what I'm after. ZigZag it's either left or right. there is no default forward once u chose left or right.

6. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

For the Zig Zag preset you have three advanced moves. The first one is 'On Start' than 'Switch A' and than 'Switch B'
    You should change the 'On Start' linear velocity to 0,10.
    I believe that the default is 10,10 and the first section is left/right and the second section is up/down

7. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

true and works for the start but how do u make it a default ?

8. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Im not understanding. Im using the zig zag preset and my character moves forward without any issues. I will try to upload a video

9. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

10. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer