Music loop not seamless

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by jarred_smith, Jan 20, 2016.

1. jarred_smith

jarred_smith Boxer

Quick question... I have a few perfectly looped .mp3 that I'm using for in game background music. If looped in Adobe Audition, Audacity or any other audio software, the loops is perfect with no gaps. When loaded into buildbox, it plays, but has a few millisecond gap in audio before it loops. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a common issue?

reegannaidoo likes this.
  2. reegannaidoo

reegannaidoo Boxer

Hey Guys,
    Having the same issue as above, anybody got a quick fix for this?

Cheers

3. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

I'm pretty sure it's an issue with BB preview. It shouldn't be a problem when you test on an actual device. I experienced the same as you guys @jarred_smith and @reegannaidoo, but it looped fine on my device, so give that a try.

Jamie likes this.
  4. reegannaidoo

reegannaidoo Boxer

Hey, Thanks Phil.
    Still a slight delay on the device, but not as apparent as in Preview Mode, hopefully soon you can guys could finally test our game.

5. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

All my builds do have that short delay before restarting the mp3. My workaround was so export a longer track with a few loops.

6. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Just tested on both Android and iOS: On iOS it is quite ok, you can hear that but not that bad. On Android the glitch is more noticeable though. I have checked the mp3 with Audacity, it is perfect in both ends, no silent gap in there and plays well.