Move scene downwards only when xter moves

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by sysads, Oct 27, 2015.

1. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

I am trying to get the scenes or levels to move downwards but only when the xter moves and drops down.
    What preset will fit this type of scenario? or what setting will give me this scenario.

Thanks

upload_2015-10-27_23-42-25.png

2. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

A game direction of "90" will allow for downward gameplay. You can adjust the "Game Frame" to allow the character to pull the camera downward. Set the bottom bar to "Pass" and move it closer to the middle of the screen to allow the camera to be pulled down.

3. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Thanks @stevinz I already done that but what I meant was when I preview the game, the scene starts scrolling downwards but what i want is the scene should only move when I move the xter and the xter drops downwards so the camera follows it to the next scene.

So how do I stop the scene from scrolling automatically but only move down when xter drops down.

4. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

@sysads in order for the game to scroll, you need to have + positive figures in the Game Speed Min and Game Speed Max settings. So if you do not want your game to scroll when you begin moving, make sure these are both set to 0.

To make your character drop, be sure your platform is set to collide and you have a - negative figure in the 'Y Gravity' setting so the character doesn't drop whilst walking over the platform, but then drop towards the ground when there's no platform.

A negative Y Gravity setting of around -50, will see the character float downwards, but around -500, he'll drop like a ton of bricks, depends what you're going for. Hope that's what you're after.

5. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

@Phill Mason Yea I actually got it working with following settings Gravity -200, Game Speed both set to 0 :). The only issue I have been battling with is in Game Field, I dropped both accelerometer and button (xter jump) and that makes me tap on screen for xter to jump while I tilt the phone to move the xter.

I was hoping there was a way to control both the jump and movement left and right without using accelerometer.

6. hamzamassaoui

hamzamassaoui Boxer

resize the gamplay and set the vertical barres de pass left and right sorry im not good in english but i try to help :)

7. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Oh sure, pls if you can place a screenshot of the settings. Thanks :)

8. hamzamassaoui

hamzamassaoui Boxer

9. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

OK but how do I control the movement left and right, including jumping without using accelerometer?

10. hamzamassaoui

hamzamassaoui Boxer

advancet option > World > game speed set value = 0 and try

11. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Yes I know that but what do I place under Game Filed to control ALL:

12. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

You can simply place a button to move left and button to move right on the game filed. Drop 2 buttons on the game field and select "Move Char Right" and "Move Char Left". Make sure you choose "Direct Movement" under the advanced gameplay settings and give a positive value to Move X Speed.

13. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Will this also control the jump movement?

14. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

If you want to have buttons that jump right and jump left, its a little trickier. You will need to place one large jump button on the game field. Then place gameplay action buttons on the game field on top of the jump button. Make sure to uncheck "Block Touch", this will activate the gameplay action while also activating the jump button. Have these two gameplay actions change the "Jump Force" settings to allow for -x to jump left, +x to jump right.

This has been talked about before in several threads, one being: https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/multiple-actions-and-button-variety.77/#post-408