Move Action

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by AndyG, Oct 20, 2015.

1. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

ok a simple question but there doesn't seem to be an easy answer if at all.
    is it possible to have a moving action?

I can't even seem to make that happen connecting to an object!

Can it be done?

2. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

@AndyG you can definitely have a moving action. have an object attach to it. Add what ever velocity you need to the object and the action will be moving with it.

3. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

yes thats what I thought too!
    if I connect Object to Action the Object moves as expected but the Action has disappeared completely! WTF!
    If I connect Action to Object both are on screen but the Object does not move!
    I'm baffled by this!

4. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

5. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Definitely works @AndyG, I was actually doing this late last night trying to create a nice finishing portal to each level. I also had a little bit of fiddling around to get it right, but as @stevinz perfectly explains in his post here, you can also attach transform logic, which is what I did to get my end action animation to move around in my space-pod-orb thingy :)

I have Object - Parent > Action - Child. The size of the object must be 1.00 1.00 and not scaled, prior to making attachments, BB doesn't play nice when this happens. I will say though, after the attachments have been made, then scaling the object size hasn't appeared to make any difference for me. Others may have varied results.

stevinz likes this.
  6. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

@stevinz + @Phill Mason thanks for your help guys. I thought we had cracked it with the sizing issue but no joy. I've tried deleting and reimporting without of course changing the size keeping it 1/1. But still have the issue where the image is hidden although the Action is being dragged as I can touch in the area of where it should be and the Action works. Have sent this off to support to find out what magic voodoo is needed to solve this.

7. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

@AndyG I had this with my recent checkpoint transition test video, where I have 5-6 images on top of each other in some places and I reckon you have a Z-axis issue. I had all my images Z-aligned perfectly and my character was interacting with all the various components that were in play within this small area, until I attached move handles above the gamefield area to make it easier to move stuff around in a tight place. Attaching the handle worked just as I'd hoped, but it did change the Z-axis-alignment of those pieces attached to my handles.

To double check you situation, make a copy of the scene in question and right click on the action and the object moving the action and make sure they're both 'bring to front', then you can check all are in view. Also test be detaching the move object so see if you action is in view without moving.

I think that's everything I went through, but I'll check my scene and notes to see if I did anything else.