Windows Exe Export Url Buttons Not Working & Andriod Export No Apk

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Drone375, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Drone375

Drone375 Boxer

Hi guys
    I have 2 queries I hope you can help me with please:

1. When I export to windows exe the game runs fine but none of the URL buttons work. Is there something I am missing? The buttons work fine in the building enviroment but stop working once the game is exported.

2. When I export for Andriod there is no APK so I cant test the game on any device. Am I missing something?

Does having either of the paid packages fix these problems ? Or is there a 3rd party fix or work around?
    I really like this platform but these 2 issues are rather major for me, so I dont want to upgrade if there is no fix for these problems.

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, I recommend you to see the tutorials of each version of BB:
    https://www.buildbox.com/tutorials-buildbox-classic/
    https://www.buildbox.com/tutorials-buildbox-3/

In any version of BB, it is necessary to use another program to create or test an APK file:

Drone375 likes this.
  3. Drone375

Drone375 Boxer

Thank you so much! I will watch the tuts I am grateful for the help

4. Drone375

Drone375 Boxer

I will look to see if there are tuts for the windows exe export in order to get the URL's to work.

5. Drone375

Drone375 Boxer

Hello my friend I can find no information on the windows exports or why the URL buttons stop working.
    Is there any guidance you can offer me please?

6. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

URL Button has never worked on the export for Windows, only mobile. COnsider just putting a text inviting people to visit your website

Drone375 likes this.
  7. Drone375

Drone375 Boxer

Thank you Darius! That is rather sad but at least now I know :)
    I notice the close app button doesn't work once exported to APK. I can understand why, its just a little silly giving options that don't actually work on certain platfroms yet allowing to export on those platforms. But hey it's free and easy to use, so I'm grateful for that and for your response. Take care :)

8. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Hi, the exit button is restricted by Android and Apple. Both comp[anies prefer that people use their devices exit or back button/swipe.
    However, the exit function does work in exe exports, as all software should have a close or exit (X) button.

9. Drone375

Drone375 Boxer

Hi Hue has there been any tricks for getting the apk on Andriod 11 devices? So far works fine on all others. I have made sure all my SDK's are installed and updated on Android studio. So far the game has tested well on the other devices. I'm thinking it might be a setting on the device itself. But before i draw that conclusion I thought I might ask to be sure I'm not missing something. sdk.jpg

10. Drone375

Drone375 Boxer

I just wanted to return to thank you all for your help! I released my 1st title and i am working on the 2nd one. This has been a great learning experience and your guidance pointed me in the right directions :)
    THANK YOU! <3

Hue Buildbox likes this.