Upon Death Of Character Game Over Not Showing

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by isthisrequired, Jul 6, 2017.

1. isthisrequired

isthisrequired Boxer

Hi everyone,

As the title says, for some reason my game over scene is not showing when the character dies, and I'm not sure why. The scene just stays how it was right before the character died and freezes. Any ideas?

2. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

You may want to watch this...... https://www.buildbox.com/make-your-own-game/
    It will answer all your questions and more. Also quicker than waiting for responses, and asking questions that have been asked a million times, not being rude. Also there is search bar at the top right of the page, that is also helpful.

isthisrequired likes this.
  3. isthisrequired

isthisrequired Boxer

Hi adrogdesigns,
    I totally understand what you are saying and do not think it was rude. I've watched all of those videos and have tried to use the search function for my questions but either the keywords I use have not been amazing or (and I think this is more of the issue), I am unable to find threads that have addressed some of my problems because they may be unique to my specific game. Thanks.

adrogdesigns likes this.
  4. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

Ok
    So do you have a Game Over UI? With a Event Observer in your World UI set to Game Over, and linked to the Game Over UI?
    Also do you have anything in your Game Over UI, If not you will just see the game field as you stated.

isthisrequired likes this.
  5. isthisrequired

isthisrequired Boxer

I already had an event observer for Game Over in the World UI, but now I have added another one and it is miraculously working lol. Thank you!

adrogdesigns likes this.