Unexpected Machine Code

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by ajcoryat, Jun 30, 2016.

1. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

This is a new message I am getting after loading up my game to iTunesConnect:
    Any of you getting this? Is it a problem?

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "Beyond Darkness - Minimalist One Touch". Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Unexpected Machine Code - Your upload contains both bitcode and native machine code. When you provide bitcode, it's not necessary to include machine code as well. To reduce the size of your upload, use Xcode 7.3 or later, or any other toolchain that removes machine code.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect.

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Interesting... I saw this referenced somewhere in the last day or so. Apple must be doing something new or getting ready to do something new. I will note this and check it out. Should not affect anything for the time being.

3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Theoretically they prefer bitcode and use their own infrastructure to make up the machine code out of it. For some reason they re trying to get away from tight coupling to the hardware. Maybe they have a long term prep for a possible CPU and/or architecture change in their product line. Or maybe they want total platform independency for other reasons like same app can be used in iPad, Watch, TV and Mac?

4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Oh, just made a Google search on it, internet is full of complaints on it and said this is a bug from Apple, and you should be fine...

ajcoryat likes this.
  5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Yup, seen the same... So as usual, just ignore until there is some official statement.

ajcoryat likes this.