Unable To Build: The File Dx.jar Was Not Loaded From The Sdk Folder.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by volcank, Aug 12, 2017.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi guys I just bought a new mac so I am trying to insall Eclipse. I installed it and also installed the SDKs inside SDK Manager. I have already installed Java 8 update144 which is the latest version of Java. But when I try to export and build my Android apk it gives the following error.

Unable to build: the file dx.jar was not loaded from the SDK folder.

and also have this in log.
    p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #454545}

[2017-08-13 04:28:27 - Dex Loader] Failed to load /Users/volkankutlubay/android-sdks/build-tools/26.0.1/lib/dx.jar

I would appreciate if there is a solution to this. Thank you

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

You need Java 7. no way to succeed with java 8. :)

volcank likes this.
  3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @Christoph Thank you. Actually I just solved the problem today. Removing the build tools 26 and installing build tools 25 solved the problem. At buildbox developers mobile gts helped me on this situation. So java 8 is not the problem but it is the build tools. So if you happen to reinstall eclipse or somehow just rember this post :) Thank you for the reply and support. Now next for me is creatinf a distribution certificate and a p12 file at keychain access :) interestinf journey feels like a recap of a lesson :)

Christoph likes this.
  4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

You are the first that I know who has it working with Java 8. Normally they don't build or they build but the app just crashes when loading on device. Can you share your exact setup (with download links if possible) because if we can work with Java 8 this is a very nice change and I finally could update my Java.

volcank likes this.
  5. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

With Java 1.8, try to create and run your game on Android, if it works, tell me.

volcank likes this.
  6. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@Christoph @jcalle Hi guys actually yes after I created the build successfully I didn't test it because I was outside at that time with my macbook and didn't have a chance to test out. But now after your replies copied to my phone and tested and yes it works the apk worked in my android phone. But I didn't implement heyzap I just created the build right away.

I have java 8 update 144 final version.

Btw @Christoph I know I just repeat myself over and over again but still in my new macbook I can't seem to show admob ads at android when building with eclipse, banner or intersitital when using heyzap SDK. Could you please check it out when you have time if you can show admob ads with heyzap SDK9 with export from 2.2.9 RC1. Thank You!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Christoph likes this.
  7. naulil

naulil Boxer

I have installed java 7, but it still appears error "Dex Loader] Failed to load C: \ Android \ sdk \ build-tools \ 27.0.1 \ lib \ dx.jar", please help me i've been looking for lots of tutorials and i've tried all the tutorials, but have not found the solution. please answer her