Ui On Every 3 Game Over

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by karnak, Aug 13, 2017.

1. karnak

karnak Boxer

Hi boxers!

I want to show special UI on every 3 game over... But I can't figure out if this is somehow possible in Buildbox? Because if this is possible we can improve our retention rates in games - I will post tutorial about this if I figure out how to show specific UI on every X game over.

Any ideas?

2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Not sure about how every 'x' Game Overs.

But you could use an Event Observer and Redirect the use to a different UI if they get say over 10 coins, or over 20 coins.
    That way your unique UI would only show sometimes.

Unless anyone else has any thoughts? :D

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

You can fake it with actions that appear every 3 deaths. Just use them for whatever you want. For example if you want another title that says: "now you really screwed up", then put the action with this text as a design element and put a price for the action at 9999999999 so no one ever can buy it. Put the same image as the selected image so the player never knows it is a "button". So yes, this is possible.

4. karnak

karnak Boxer

Hi Christoph,

thanks for your answer. I want to show popup on every 3rd game over... I duplicate my gameover UI, add black overlay and popup elements...this is fine, but I can not imagine your scenario. When character dies I want to show that different UI with popup every 3 death.

Do you maybe have any video of your solution or something?
    Thanks!