Tutorial...here Is How To Have Multiple Tracks With One World

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by INKY, Jul 30, 2016.

1. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

Hello my peoples...I found a trick to be able to have multiple tracks with just "one world".....

Please check out the video and let me know what you think....I hope it helps some people....I thought it would be cool to be able to hit a play button and each time play a"random" track....its not soon random...but the user might think it is...enjoy

see Dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/kngnst9oamcyb1u/Multi Music Single World.bbdoc.zip?dl=0

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Christoph likes this.
  2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Sweet idea, but I wouldn't exaggerate it too much. The more worlds and scenes you have, the longer the game needs to start up. If it is just too have different music tracks (like you point out at the end of the video), then I don't think it is worth the performance hit. Also have in mind that each sound will take 2-4MB and make your game much heavier in size. With 30 tracks this will be only justified if your game is related to music somehow.

But yeah, with the event observer you can do a lot of things, music included. Thanks Inky.

3. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

Juke was going to have this... Good job!

4. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

Yea the 30 music files was an extreme example. Having short 1 min loops would be ideal. 1Mb/min is not to bad a target size.

Christoph likes this.
  5. carlosabreu1981

carlosabreu1981 Boxer

very good trick and acceptable to endless games