Timer Speed Is Too Fast; How To Slow To Normal Speed?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by isthisrequired, Jul 11, 2017.

1. isthisrequired

isthisrequired Boxer

Hi everyone,

I used Heathclose's 10th episode of Make Your Own Game series to develop my timer, and I followed his instructions, but my timer in my game goes 3x as fast as normal time, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips/suggestions on how to reduce the speed of the timer to normal. I also have a score in my game, but when I adjust the score multiplier (to try to slow timer), only the score counter is reduced, not the speed of the timer. Any help would be greatly appreciated; I promise this will be one of my last, if not last, question! :) Thanks

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

what is the action set too, points, coins, distance? For the timer..
    you can't use points for score in your game if your using it for your timer, change your timer to coins.
    then to slow it down you need you alter the spawn rate of the object with your timer thats in the character.
    play around with that till you get matching real time.

isthisrequired likes this.
  3. isthisrequired

isthisrequired Boxer

Thank you playsgames, I made the change from points to coins for the timer, and the spawn rate affects the timer, but for some reason only up until a certain spawn rate; after about a spawn rate of 20, my timer continues going at the same rate and does not slow down any more. Any suggestions? Thanks!

4. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

@isthisrequired send a bbdoc reproducing the error to see if I am able to help you,
    Thanks
    Jonathan

isthisrequired likes this.
  5. isthisrequired

isthisrequired Boxer

I was able to figure it out, thank you! But I do need help with how to go about exporting the bbdoc to the App Store, because I am confused as to what I am supposed to do. Thanks!

6. Xoctrebla

Xoctrebla Avid Boxer

Super easy to send to the app store, hopefully you have a mac.