Timed Game Over Then Auto Goes To Main Menu?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by jerry, Oct 3, 2017.

1. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

The question... Is it possible to have a timed Game Over UI screen that after X number of sec. it moves on to the Main Menu?

Sorry I haven't been active here in a while. Been working on a larger Unity project and other life events have taken me away from BB dev for while but am now getting back to BB and some of my own work.

2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

3 Methods I can think of:

You could set the Opening Animation of a UI to be the Game Over Screen for say 180 frames, and the Idle Animation to be the same as the Main Menu, so it appears to redirect after 180 frames.

Or, you could have a separate world under the Game Over UI, and Set an Points to Spawn every second with a Redirect Event Observer in the Game Over UI that redirects to the Main Menu after X spawns, making it appear that X seconds have passed.

Or, you could do the same as above, and have separate World under the Game Over UI but have your character move forwards, with a Redirect Event Observer in the Game Over UI that redirects to the Main Menu after X distance is covered.

3. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Thanks @AaroArts, I'll give this a shot and see which works best.