Tell Me How You Got Started

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by xfnw, Aug 17, 2016.

1. xfnw

xfnw Boxer

I just started using Buildbox and my goal is success, I want to be one of the developers to reach top 50 or higher in the Apple/Android app store. I really want to get the absolute most out of this software and push buildbox to it's limits, so i would like to know how everyone got started. How did you learn to use buildbox? through constant trial and error? reading the manual over and over? binge watching tutorial videos?

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

reading every single post on the forums from the time I joined to this post right now...

using the software...

searching the forums for an answer to any question I had....

when there were no search results, asking in the forums...

continuing to read every single post on the forums from the time I joined to this post right now...

activeone, Nihat and Kevin W like this.
  3. xfnw

xfnw Boxer

Interesting, that sounds like a good idea thanks.

4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

To learn BuildBox my strategy at the beginning was to read help requests, then try to solve those. You can get a fair knowledge in short amount of time if you do that. Also YouTube is "full of with" BuildBox tutorials, and even if they are discussing something you already know, the tutor may have some cool tricks you can pick up (like pressing this or that button to do something real quick, or doing some awesome effects quickly)

activeone and Nihat like this.
  5. activeone

activeone Boxer

Hi,
    Experience build experience
    Nothing magic but practice and practice
    No one will sit and feed you.
    that what I've learned in my short time with buildbox. I've discovered many things, here there are amazing expert developers will assist you.
    I suggest : make a file and write everything you learn. you can manage it as you like, by the time you will get a big a mount of knowledge and experience. Try to record what come to your mind or you will loose it. Sometimes creative ideas come and run away, catch it or it will gone with the wind.
    Good luck :)

6. xfnw

xfnw Boxer

Thank you for that advice. I tend to sit and read manuals, watch videos, etc. to help me with learning new software. I'll keep a notebook of information as i go along.