tap to increase the character's speed??

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by vijay1689, Nov 2, 2015.

1. vijay1689

vijay1689 Boxer

Hi,

As the title states i would like to know if there is any way by which i can make my main character's speed increase on tapping the screen.I want my character's speed to increase in direct proportion to the number of taps made by the user on the screen.I tried fiddling with the helicopter mode's settings but it did not yield the desired result as the character just seems to move up diagonally on tapping the screen like jet pack joyride.

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Helicopter and Flappy are the same thing, based on Jump forces. You can fiddle with jump forces by adding X and maybe you also want to remove or reduce Y force.

vijay1689 likes this.
  3. vijay1689

vijay1689 Boxer

thanx for your reply..I tried tweaking the settings as per your suggestion..but still it does not increase the speed of the main character's movement based on my tap input..what i want the character to do is for eg -if i tap twice on the screen the main character's speed increases 2x and thrice then 3x and so on..

4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

I am not sure if you can achieve that with BB, maybe if you play with extreme settings on parameters like Jump Force very high, like Jump Timeout to a very low like 0.01, the Air Force, Friction, Max Speed and Game Speed Max etc.

If not, you should be able to change the gameplay in a way it will be still very close to what is in your mind -- like place actions to places where if you hit that with your character, it will speed up the character by giving new Gameplay Settings

5. dhawal_tamakuwala

dhawal_tamakuwala Avid Boxer

Hey,
    I think you should try these According to me you can try it.
    1.) You can place the hidden action at place and that action will have property of Gameplay (with speed will increase)
    2.) You can place the action button on control in that also the speed got increased.

I think these might be helpful to you.