Some bugs...let me list them for us all to discuss...

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by INKY, Jun 4, 2016.

1. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

1.We all ready know the accelerator is not working...
    2. Cant get a swipe to work either to control my character...
    3. Mirror its like water in simulator but doesn't work in a build to device.
    4. Particles will not emit attached to character in jump animation...or any animation I add in simulator or build to device.
    5. Converting a previous build prior to BB2 seems to destroy the mind node of a game.
    6. BB2 is crashy...
    7....and when it does crash...and I re open the file and continue working...when I go to save it asks me to name the project again...maybe this is suppose to be that way incase the original file is the problem to crash...not sure.
    8. Pause Button/function does not work in simulator or device build.
    9.Adding an Action via tab bar or dragging into wheel crashes BB. cannot add a single action to any template or new game.

BB is literally unable to be used for me....Im about to wipe my MAC and start over....what the heck am I suppose to do ? I have had 3 hours of 100% un productive BB2 usage.

Its broke.

Maybe some of this is my inexperience and not doing something correctly and there are a good number of things new in BB2...but I have to say I was more productive with the demo version of BB1.

Really looking forward to any updates...and a manual soon...I feel kind of lost using BB2 right now. :-(
    Sorry if it sounds like a rant.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I only find that bb2 crashes when I delete a world or ui on the mind map
    Pause button functions normally for me during both, is it possible you have it below something that has block touch through checked?
    It has always functioned in that manner
    what is that?
    https://www.buildbox.com/manual/

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

5. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

So annoying. Crash...restart..not connected to server...save as new...if it asks me to restart previous session then it's opening my named file. Why save to a new file? If I don't then it closes BB...again and I have to restart. So a crash can require two restarts of BB to continue.

6. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

I can honestly say this is the first version I ever experienced so many crashes with. Approximately 10 for the evening. The version before the previous was extremely stable for me. Can't recall more than one crash in a week with daily use. Heck, even safari was getting on my last nerve a few days ago.

Hopefully the next version will be more stable.

7. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

Current version is stable and hasn't crashed. A least a couple bugs tho

8. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

Since I wrote my comment I had 4 crashes, and it just disconnected from the server :mad:

INKY likes this.
  9. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

Yea the server disconnection thing is a real pain. Sorry you are now having crashes. Before last update I was super pi$$ed. I still don't like things that break...then they fix it...then another update and it be broke again. Specifically jump animations