select all

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by eyal, Oct 25, 2015.

1. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

Hi,

I couldn't find a way to select all items. Why ? to prevent me from doing something wrong ?
    It is very time consuming to delete item by item

2. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

Thats not yet possible with Buildbox. It will come in the future.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  3. Perry

Perry Avid Boxer

I was also frustrated that there is no way to select multiple objects and move or delete them all. I also had rampant issues with the software crashing when I tried to delete things too fast :( I lost countless hours of work due to this.

4. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

@Perry Make sure to save every 10-15 minutes. At first it can get a bit annoying but you'll get used to it.

5. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

@trygiimusic Well, this is not a cheap software and therefore "you'll get used to the crashing" is certainly not an acceptable answere to be honest.

dark_dragon_blade_ likes this.
  6. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

I completely agree with you and I can't do anything about it. I'm just giving you advice on how to handle that problem.

trudnai likes this.
  7. Perry

Perry Avid Boxer

@trygiimusic I did start saving often, pretty much every few minutes. Though since it takes a good 10-15 seconds to save the project file there is so much time lost in development.
    @trudnai I agree with you completely. For the amount of money they charge, this should not be an issue.

8. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

@Perry It is slightly frustrating, but no biggie. As someone who has worked with computers for 25+ years, I learned a long time ago to "Save early and save often". That was a standard mantra coding in the 90's... But 10-15 seconds to save? Sounds like its time for an upgrade, you have a solid state drive in your computer? Even graphic heavy games save on my MacBook in 2-3 seconds. Not trying to rub it in ;-) ... Also possible you have a plethora of unused sounds piling up in your project causing the save file to be large? Maybe try "Remove Unused Sound Files"...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    Christoph and Sean Buildbox like this.
  9. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

stevinz likes this.
  10. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

@AndyG I use combination of Time Machine and DropBox. DropBox synchronizes almost instantaneously and you have a file versioning, while Time Machine makes backups at every hour when your backup disk is attached.

@stevinz I am with you and similar experience with floppy disks and stuff on Apple II and PC. I guess just got lazy I guess with Apple products the last few years -- where there most Apple products rarely let you lose data with their auto-temp-savings and recovery capabilities after a crash.