Pixel Memories : Release

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by EZKad, Aug 31, 2016.

1. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Hello Community

I'm glad to announce the launch of "Pixel Memories" for iOS and Android.

Download link : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pixel-memories/id1128139359
    Download link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ezelia.pixelmemories

== Game features ==
    • Minimal controls, maximum challenge!
    • 20 Characters to unlock (more coming soon)
    • Share gameplay videos on Everyplay and challenge your friends
    • Leaderboard & Achievements.

======[ UPDATE ]================
    Participate to Pixel Memories Contest, register the best score and win $100 prize !
    More details here : http://ezelia.com/pixel-memories-contest
    ===============================

this is a prelaunch, we're still preparing the game official page, and a contest !
    more information soon, stay tuned ;)

Hope you'll like it, comments are welcome!

Enj(^_^)Y

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  2. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Hi, looks awesome.
    I would like to know how you set achievements? Is it possible with BB?

3. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Achievements are not directly possible in BB, but I found a way to implement them, I'll share everything in tutorials.
    if you are familiar with code, my last tutorial (check signature) will give you enough hints to implement the achievements alone.
    if you can't just wait, I'll post a serie of tutorials to add achievements and other cool services to BB games :)

Collin Wade Thiessen and Nihat like this.
  4. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Yes, i found it. I will try it. :)

5. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

oh my freakin gosh i've been waiting for this!

Nihat likes this.
  6. heathclose

so this means you didn't have any issues getting this past review? the pac man and all that?

Nihat likes this.
  7. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

thats pretty cool. love the pong bit
    good job

8. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Yes the review went without any problem, and as you can see, I included screenshots showing the scenes inspired from mario and pacman.
    Many people told me that I can have problems when people confuse my game with a another game, because of it's name or mechanics+characters.... which is not the case here.
    so I think that it's not a problem.
    I hope you'll like the game :)

Thank you, glad you liked it :)

9. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

nice one i like this

10. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

11. heathclose

12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

First of all: Congratulations!!! This game is awesome and I really hope you will have a lot of success with it. I definitely would have gone with a publisher it is so good. Now we only can hope it will find its way without one. Fingers crossed. Have you any kind of marketing strategy set up? Hopefully it gets featured today!

I install all the games on my test device which is a 4s. Most Buildbox games lag or even worse, crash when loading. But your game works perfectly well. It is butter smooth. Everything. From menus to gameplay. Wow! Even the Everyplay and achievements integration works perfectly well. I'm impressed. No lag at all. You sir, have it all figured out and I hope I can learn from you even more. I'm so glad you are part of this community. So not only congrats to your game but also to the clean production process of it. Well done (again)!

I know I have to play much more to see what you all have done with it, but I got one quick question already if you don't mind:
    How the heck did you add a SoundFX to the loading screen? Heavier Buildbox games like yours (and mine as well) need a lot of time to load. A nice SoundFX at ~75% is great and helps the player to not give up before the game even starts. I would love to implement this in my own game as well.

@People: download this game, you won't regret it!

Gregory Storm likes this.
  13. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Actually, the only reason it took time for Android is because I made a mistake in the binary, there was a big bug that I fixed and submitted again.
    but why did you think that it'll have issues on Android ? :D Apple are more strict on copyrights .... I made sure I don't violate any copyright or trademarks, but I know in some situations we can still have problems publishing the game

@Christoph wow thank you very much for your comment nice words, about publishers, I tried to contact some, but none was interested, maybe I contacted the wrong ones, I don't have much experience on marketting, maybe I did it the wrong way, but it's a good experience anyway :)

About the sound in the loading screen, I don't know if it's a new feature, but it's one of the last things I added, I discovered by coincidence that Start screen (in the mind map) provide the possibility to add a music, but the music seem to only start when the loading is almost done.
    I first wanted to use a music as you suggest, during the loading, but it's not possible because it'll start playing at the very end.

I'll try to share as much information as possible about this project if this can help the community :), starting from the customisation tutorials I already started, but I'm also planing to write a post mortem article later.

Gregory Storm and Christoph like this.
  14. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

ah and about the marketting strategy, I have some plans, but nothing exceptionnal : contacting reviewers, social networks, sharing on gamedev communities ....Etc
    And I'm also preparing a contest with a prize for the best player, I'll post details here when it's ready :)

15. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

======[ UPDATE ]================
    We are organizing a contest, the winner will get $100 prize.
    Contest run until the end of the month.
    More details here : http://ezelia.com/pixel-memories-contest
    ===============================

16. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

EZKad likes this.
  17. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

On your About section, you should add real links to your URLs. Also your purple menu background is a few pixels short from the bottom on an iPhone 6s.

Christoph likes this.
  18. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Thank you for your feedbacks, you're right about the links, I forgot to use url buttons there.
    and I'll resize the background, it's already larger than the default screen didn't thought it'll be smaller than iPhone6s screen :D

about the publishers, I already read your post on game marketting forum it's really helpful, I think I followed the rules when contacting the publishers, but the number of game they receive can explain why they just can examine every single proposition.
    btw, one publisher was interested by the game, but he's not familiar with Buildbox and asked for very custom stuff that can't be done with BB .... and I don't have time right now to rewrite the whole game in Unity to be able to add those customizations.

I'm testing some ad compains, and will also advertise for the contest, Everyplay can also bring interesting players.

19. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@EZKad PM me your e-mail and I'll send you the TestFlight of Swipe Land so you can see how I implemented Everyplay.

P.S. I just beat @Collin Wade Thiessen :D

20. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Did you got my email ? I sent you a PM yesterday :)