Perfect in Preview - Lagging on Device

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by hegedusv, Nov 3, 2015.

1. hegedusv

hegedusv Boxer

Hi! I have a finished game right now (which is an endless runner) and my problem is that the game sometimes lags on device, but in the preview mode of Build Box it runs perfectly. Could it be some settings issue in Build Box or what? Tried both on Android and IOS. The lag is like 0.5 seconds long, it happens most of the time when i first start the game, but happens usually during the gameplay too! What could be the problem? This is the only thing i need to solve before submitting for review!

2. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

First off make a backup copy of your original bbdoc. Make sure all your art is optimized to the size it needs to be and use all the options under Tools. If you have any repeating objects you can use the convert to clones to help. Rebuild and optimize your atlas. Cheers hope that helps.

Kevin W likes this.
  3. hegedusv

hegedusv Boxer

Everything is perfect with it, i just need to get rid of that lag :/ but i do not even know why is it happening...

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

How does the convert to clones work? Is there some tutorial for it and can it be applied also to objects in the menu?

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Could you resolve this? I have the lag too and it always happens when a new scene is loaded. Just wanted to know if you have the same problem. I still am trying to figure out how the convert to clones work and what it exactly does.