OSX and xCode update makes my game fail to run

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by blufology, Mar 31, 2016.

1. blufology

blufology Boxer

so everything was fine and dandy running latest current version of BB...with a known working file I made changes and saved as a new build version...when I went to run it and install to a device that also is a known capatible device....I can see the Buildbox logo at start up and then a black screen and no game loads. I watched the inspector in Xcode and it shows a fail at start. This happened after both El Capitan and Xcode were updated and had not ran BB since until today at lunch

Any ideas what the hey is going on?

Thanks
    Blu

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Apple added new parameter to Xcode and this affected the trial version. Typically we don't support the latest release of Xcode officially until the following release of BB. But most of the time there is not an issue to use a new minor version of Xcode. As a developer I never update my production toolchain immediately as new software comes out, because it always throws something that is working into a potentially questionable state.

That said the manual work around for this is here:
    https://www.buildbox.com/forum/inde...s-to-run-on-ios-test-devices.2715/#post-17266

You will need to re-export from Buildbox if you already attempted to build.

3. blufology

blufology Boxer

Awesome thanks for the quick reply. Greatly appreciated!!