Objects With Distance Based Wake Up Don't Move If An Action Is Applied? (only On Phone - Bug? )

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Snow, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Snow

Snow Boxer

Ok, so I finished a game earlier today. Everything was looking good on buildbox preview. After a lot of weeks of hard work, for the first time i was ready to test my game on my phone. But it didn't work properly. Upon hours and hours of research, I realized that all of the items I had set to move upwards when the character approached, did not move unless no action was applied to the character. And because one of the basic components of my game are long lasting actions ( that change gravity and velocity at each scene ), I can't change that. As soon as I used another action on the character, the moment it finished (the action), the objects would finally move. The thing is that when on pc, the action did not have any effect on the objects that were supposed to "wake up" and move. In other words, why the hell when I preview the game on the pc it looks fine, but when I play it on my phone this happens? Is this a bug or something? Because I hate watching my efforts going to waste, especially when everything looks fine on preview. It really is frustrating. Please tell me there is a way to fix this.

2. Snow

Snow Boxer

Ok after a bit more investigation I determined that the problem only happens when a gameplay action is in place. Meaning that as long as a gameplay action is active, every item is frozen. Even though they seem to wake up (turning blue in debug mode), they do not move. The gameplay actions I am using are not supposed to affect those items, and I don't know why they do. When I preview in buildbox 2.2.2 it seems perfect, as I noted again, but I tested it on bb 2.1, just because I was curious and at that version, it previews exactly as I described in the first few lines (that's how I determined the problem) like on phone (objects don't move while gameplay action is active). I noticed that for bb 2.2.2 there was a fix called "gameplay actions slowing objects but not characters" and I am not sure whether it has something to do with this. Either way, if I export with bb 2.2.2, which previews the game exactly as I want it, why does it behave differently on phone? Can someone help? Thank you

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I would write support with a bbdoc that replicates your specific problem. There were several problems with the wake up component but they eventually all are fixed. Why don't you update to 2.2.5 to see if everything works? And if it's still a problem then definitely write to support.

4. Snow

Snow Boxer

Well, I just did upgrade ti 2.2.5. Everything works fine. Crisis averted!
    Either way thank you very much

Christoph likes this.