Need Advice For Particles Creation

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Tonyy, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Tonyy

Tonyy Boxer

Hi there, I've been quite fascinated with the particle simulation since the attributes in creating one seems to be straight forward and simple which is a really refreshing change but I'm not sure if my work flow is the same as others and I was hoping for some guidance. One of the issues I'm facing is the seeing the simulation in real time whilst creating generating these particles. I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can chime in and help a fellow newbie.

1a) Is there a way to "pre-render" the simulation so we can see the simulation without it trying to compute and stagger?
    1b) If not, how does one go about seeing their simulation without hitting play.
    2) The embedded video is a current effect I'm playing around with, the left is the one the one displayed in the particles editor and the one of the right is simulation being played in real-time. Is there a way to somehow slow down the overall effect on the right to match what's shown on the left? (The left is the look that I'm trying to achieve)

3) Could it be that the drastic difference in simulation and real time is because of my computer spec? It hasn't been updated in a while;
    - i7-4790k @ 4ghz w/ the GeForce GTX 970

4) How do I export the effects I created from one buildbox file to another?

Thanks a bunch all!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019