Linked Object Goes Behind Parent Object

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by defonten, Jul 3, 2016.

1. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Hi,

I noticed a bug when linking an object after upgrading to BB 2.2.2.

Let's say I have a stone and a warning sign which I want to attach to it - it appears to be ok in the scene but in preview it shoes warning sign behind that stone. Of course I tried placing warning sign on top of the stone and even placing them both on top layer of asset bar - linked object still is behind the parent. And if I unlink it - everything's fine. Any ideas how to fix it?

@Andy please can you help?

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I would send your example to support@buildbox.com so we can see exactly what is going on in your case.

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I have this problem too with coins attached to a platform. But the problem is not the coin (which anyway floats above the platform) but the coin action animation which shows behind everything else (= hidden). If I de-connect the coin it's showing great. But as soon as attached to the platform its hidden. It doesn't matter if I have the platform and the coin at the top of the z axis. The strangest part though is this happens only to new elements added. Everything that I have ported from BB1 is showing correctly.