Learn How To Use Buildbox Quickly

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Munchers007, May 25, 2016.

1. Munchers007

Munchers007 Boxer

Just purchased Buildbox and would like to get my first app out as quickly as possible. However, I want to learn how to use this software as quickly as possible so I can start building apps quickly. Any advice for a newbie?

2. clin407

clin407 Boxer

3. Munchers007

Munchers007 Boxer

I've watched all the videos from the home page, however I realized that the videos outline Buildbox 1. They were helpful, but I still don't think I have enough knowledge to build a game. Keep running into issues.

4. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

try...fail...try again...succeed...repeat....But honestly the video tutorials are your best source. Try making a simple basic game and work up from there.

5. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

@Munchers007 do you have any graphic experience like Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator?

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Watch this one:

Make an honest effort to duplicate the game, in BB2. The rest of the videos will explain any BB2 differences. If you can't figure something out ask here. Once done you will have built a game.

7. Munchers007

Munchers007 Boxer

@VectologyGames I know a bit of Photoshop, enough to be able to make basic designs, etc. why?

8. energizerlithium

energizerlithium Avid Boxer

Did you read the guide for BB2 yet, if not here's the link for that:

https://www.buildbox.com/manual/

This should help get you a bit more acquainted with Buildbox, but the truth of the matter is the best way to learn anything hands on is to actually practice it. Try making a simple game like the one in the video @Andy shared bud.

If you need more help with it feel free to ask

9. Munchers007

Munchers007 Boxer

I went through all this material, did help quite a bit. One thing I have NOT been able to figure out up until this point -

How do I create a game with a score? All the games I've been making, it doesn't keep track of the score. Whether its distance, points based or coins based....it doesn't show a score once the characters loses or plunges to his death. How do I set this up?

Thanks.

10. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

I use 'ctrl f' (PC) and enter the word I want to search for in the manual. You want to search 'score.' There are several pages with the info you need. Good luck!