Isometric Platformer-scrolling problem

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by chris_lippincott, Dec 27, 2015.

1. chris_lippincott

chris_lippincott Boxer

I''m creating an isometric platformer, but there are a few minor details that need fixing and I thought I'd ask the experts here for advice. Much like Diamond Hunter Demo, the game direction is not set at zero (set at 15), along with all platforms and backgrounds (all at 15 rotation). Scrolls perfectly (up to the left) when press scroll button.

However, in test mode, when the character moves forward, pushing past the game frame to make the game progress forward, the platforms (that are angled down to the right) seem to get scrolled down off the play view because the character is moving forward. While everything still scrolls in an up/left direction, the platforms kind of look like they are getting pushed slowly down off the screen as they scroll left. In Diamond Hunter Demo, the character didn't move forward and the platforms just scrolled up to the left so this affect didn't occur. I didn't see any posts about this specific problem either.

Any thoughts on a fix, assuming I even explained the problem clearly enough?

2. swnam12

swnam12 Boxer

I'm having a similar issue. Have you tried playing with the frame settings?