Is it Strategic to Hold Off Releasing on Android?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by habboswat45, Nov 2, 2015.

1. habboswat45

habboswat45 Boxer

Okay, so I noticed that quite a few build box released games do not launch on both IOS and Android. Instead, they tend to release on only IOS. As, Buildbox easily exports to both, why would anyone hold off releasing on Android? Is there some kind of strategic advantage?

For example Darthy was only released on IOS, and Steam.

2. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

For me personally, it is not strategic. I am just not familiar enough with compiling Android APKs and testing them. I did buy a Kindle Fire to do this, but Eclipse is a pain in the butt and I have been blindly resisting instead of doing the right thing and hiring a dev to submit for me. For iOS, because I have been doing this for 3 years now, I can practically set it up with my eyes closed.
    That said, discovery is different on both platforms and while in iOS I'd get an initial spike at launch, with Google, the discovery increases gradually over several weeks. So, I can test iOS and change out (with the obligatory 1 week wait) to updates with relative ease.