Interstitial ad with specific internal content

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by Christoph, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

If I publish without a publisher, then I want to grow my user-base with my first game (besides making a huge amount of money to keep going ;)). For that purpose I want to run a facebook campaign where players can win something special. The question is how do I get the players to the facebook page? Of course I have a facebook icon at the main menu that connects to my facebook page (like every other game). But it seems that players really don't care. They need a reason and the reason in my case would be the campaign/competition.

Something says me that I shouldn't saturate/spam my game UI with additional text to promote this idea. But what else could I do?

Is there a free ad network I could use to put an interstitial ad at the beginning of the game (like Chartboost's cross promotion) with which I can announce the competition so that the users - when they click on the ad - get automatically to my facebook page?

Or has someone another idea?

2. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

Maybe setting up push notifications to tell the players. I know recently the app These Crazy Walls had a competition to win a hoverboard which they would send notifications that told players about the status of the competition and such.

Christoph likes this.
  3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Can this be done in Xcode? Or do I have to implement this with a programmer?

4. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

I believe I remember Andy saying this could easily be implemented into Xcode with some basic coding knowledge. I would look around for some tutorials online.

Christoph likes this.