Increase Game Board Speed But Not Other Objects

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by jerry, Oct 2, 2016.

1. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Ok, infinite avoidance game.. game direction -90.

I want to have a negative powerup that will increase the speed of the game moving down but NOT the enemy characters that fly across.

Right now when I increase the game speed it makes the enemies that fly across the screen move FAST!!!

So I would like everything to move at normal speed but the game board moves down faster.

2. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

That is controlled by game speed Min and game speed Max

3. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

But if I increase that, it also increases enemy speeds as well. I only want to change the speed of the movement of the background/scene moving down. Maybe not possible?

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

game min max has some weirdness when it comes to increasing speed and affecting character min max... almost like it's in percentages... but I'm not aware of min max changing the scale of given velocities.... after increasing speed... see if lowering time warp helps at all... might be a dead end...but who knows..

5. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Here is a video example. Ignore the first powerup. You'll see me hitting an orange box which will be the game speedup powerup (a negative powerup). Right before that you'll see some "enemies" moving across the screen. Right after the powerup, you see the game speed increase and then one of those "enemies" moving lighting fast from left to right. Would like those to still move at normal speed but when I increase the speed min/max this is what happens. If effects everything!!