Impressions and app analytics

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by dmmcmah, Jun 15, 2016.

1. dmmcmah

dmmcmah Avid Boxer

Apple recently added impressions to their app analytics. So this provides a way to look at how many people see your icon and first screenshot(s) and compare to product page views. So now that you can determine the percentage of people that see your app in a search that actually click on it, I would like to hear thoughts from expert marketers what sort of conversion rate would be considered a good rate. This new data point gives you a two stage way to analyze your app store marketing by looking at the click through rate versus the rate of who actually buys or downloads after actually opening your app store entry.

2. robin_gronvold

robin_gronvold Boxer

My best free game has 16.8% and my best paid game has 5.5%. I have no idea if that is good or bad. Anyone else?

3. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

How many app units does your free game has?

4. ASOtop1

ASOtop1 Boxer

It is not easy to judge bad or good conversion rate. But I also think install, rate and reviews will affect app boosting more.

For app boosting, CPC or e-CPM methods are not so good as CPI. CTR(click-through rate) is not controlled by your side. Also, enough installs, higher ratings and positive reviews are important to rank app higher. So in order to generate more downloads for your app, you may try

1. Submit your App to App Review Websites

App review websites can do more to promote mobile apps in one day than you can do in months. Be sure to study their requirements for inclusion and pitch them carefully. If you are accepted it will be well worth the time that you spent seeking it.

2. Exchange installs & reviews Some forums and social media networks will help publishers exchange installs and reviews each other, such as Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/351508884973782/

However, generating installs or reviews from real publishers will take much longer time. Because it is not so easy to get some ones to help you and some of them will not do same for you.

3. Buy App Store reviews

This reviews provider will guide real users to install app, play and reviews it with ratings. This method will rank app top in a short period. At the same time, the traffic is from real users which is organic. It will Not have bad impact on apps.

4. App ranking in Trending Searches, Categories(Games, Social Networking, Utilities, Kids, Entertainment or any other categories) and Top Charts, such as Top Free, Top Paid are great!