I Need Help With My Game That Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Mrsi, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Mrsi

Mrsi Boxer

When I export my game to an IOS Xcode file and sideload the game onto my iPhone XR using Xcode it almost always gives me an error message that looks like this:

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 11.44.20 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 11.44.44 AM.png

Even with this error message popping up the game does still install onto my iPhone, but every time I click on it to play it always doesn't load 75% of the time. I think I am using Buildbox 1 or 2, (I just know it is not the 3D software), and I have the latest version of Xcode. I have made a copy of the game file and gotten rid of all extra buttons in the game except for start, volume, home, and back buttons (so all in-game navigation buttons), and the game still behaved the exact same way. If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it, I've already looked through the forum and haven't really found a clear answer to my problem which is why I'm making another thread.

Thanks in advance!

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

You probably need to update to the latest version of Buildbox 1 or 2. Just posting 1 or 2 doesnt really help you get any answers. The version number is a good start.

Mrsi likes this.
  3. Mrsi

Mrsi Boxer

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Try this. Normally the best solution to fix these kind of errors quickly is to look online.

Mrsi likes this.
  5. Mrsi

Mrsi Boxer

For anyone who finds this thread and is having the same problem, I emailed Buildbox support and they said that I needed to optimize my atlases, (Buildbox suggests that you only have between 4 - 7 atlases). Here's a link on how to do this, but basically you just go to view, then click on atlases, then hit optimize. this gets rid of any images used for characters, buttons, effects, and anything like that that is not being used in your game. Doing this made my game run fine on my phone without any crashes.

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 8.31.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 8.31.20 PM.png