How To Boost Downloads After Publish

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by Arshpreet, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

my game is not bad,its good Enough but why i Am not getting enough downloads,i expected it To go several thousands but i can't even getting a houndred,please tell Me where is the prob and what thing i need to do to boost my download and get a decent no. of downloads,here is my link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Arsh.H2H
    and as u can see My bundle Id but game name is Hell to heaven,is There any problem in bundle Id?

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

If you expect to get 7k+ downloads in a single day for your first game, I think you need to reevaluate why you want to make games. Google Play is ultra competitive and unless you did some promo work yourself to drive installs, you will have to get the word out there via social media for example, or tell your friends etc.

Check your key words on a place like AppAnnie(free to sign up and use) - research other games and see if anything trending related to your game that you can use the keywords from to add installs.

You can of course pay for adverts such as Chartboost, Admob to get installs but AVOID Facebook ads. Total waste of time 100%.

Christoph likes this.
  3. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

As spicedbeangames said.
    Also with google play, your ASO needs to be good, Your Grammar in your description needs be better, i know its hard if english is not your first language. Also punctuation and spaces, where spaces should be, it helps with Keywords. When searching for your game.
    Keywords are taken from your description. So what words you use multiple times become your Keywords.
    But don't over do it.
    Unless you promote your game on google play, you won't see really many downloads for a few days.
    Takes a few days for Keyword searching to kick in.
    Google Play works exactly the same as Google search. As far as I'm aware, for searching for things.

Arshpreet likes this.
  4. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

5. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Why do you say this? I'm curious what method you used.
    Did you pay for App installs, or website traffic to a promo page?
    What was your CPI?
    Did you do any A/B split testing?

I was think of putting in a significant amount of effort trying to target on FB. I like the audience segmentation and really wanted to A/B split test some creatives. Would love to hear your feedback on FB.

Arshpreet likes this.
  6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I already heard several times that fb ads is the best you can do. But it has to be done right. A step by step tutorial would be awesome as you have to implement an additional SDK.

Arshpreet likes this.
  7. spicedbeangames

Several reasons. But I tried FB ads, narrowing down to my target audience. However, it didnt generate a single download but I managed to get a handful of FB page likes (which wasn't the idea).

After speaking with around 15 other developers, they too had the same experience. So I did some more digging and discovered this on Youtube.

You can blame the advert design, or endless other things but when all is said and done, FB want your cash and will do anything to get it. It was the first and last time I pay for FB ads and, I will never pay for downloads simply because the CPI is getting crazy.

I am considering using Chartboost to promote Trump vs Zombies(depending on the price of course) because at least this way, you are guaranteed to reach your target audience who just happen to already be in a game, therefore more likely to click if they like what they see. It's just my view on a recent experience but I am sure others will have their own methods and ways.

blackswan and Christoph like this.
  8. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

first of all Sir, I am ur big fan,this game may be created by me but the soul Of Game is u,i Learnt everything from u ,thanks For that Sir, Actually i can't thank U enough,Dear sir i posted twice because i was not sure weather this question is For general discussion Or in marketing.

GTE Games likes this.
  9. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

Thank
    u Sir, I am learning A lot from U as u are giving real Life examples rather Than just giving Link shits,thanku sir am definatelly gonna do That now.

10. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

i
    have Read ur posts in Almost every Thread,i must admit That u are very Real and take things differently ,am A big fan of u and ur stuff and Aswers are really unique and upto Point.

11. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

i
    have Read ur posts in Almost every Thread,i must admit That u are very Real and take things differently ,am A big fan of u and ur stuff and Aswers are really unique and upto Point.

12. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

thanks
    U Sir for valuable advice,u are right english Is Like My 3rd language,but after rreading ur reply i changed everthing in my game and now i am Able to search my game better,Thank u Sir.

13. ASOtop1

ASOtop1 Boxer

In order to get more downloads, you need to develop good quality app with effective promotion methods. App ranking and rating will affect much. You can try these ways to get more downloads and positive reviews from real users.

1. Submit your App to App Review Websites

App review websites can do more to promote mobile apps in one day than you can do in months. Be sure to study their requirements for inclusion and pitch them carefully. If you are accepted it will be well worth the time that you spent seeking it.

2. Exchange installs & reviews Some forums and social media networks will help publishers exchange installs and reviews each other, such as Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/351508884973782/

However, generating installs or reviews from real publishers will take much longer time. Because it is not so easy to get some ones to help you and some of them will not do same for you.

3. Buy App Store reviews

This reviews provider will guide real users to install app, play and reviews it with ratings. This method will rank app top in a short period. At the same time, the traffic is from real users which is organic. It will Not have bad impact on apps.

4. App ranking in Trending Searches, Categories(Games, Social Networking, Utilities, Kids, Entertainment or any other categories) and Top Charts, such as Top Free, Top Paid are great!

Arshpreet likes this.
  14. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

ASOtop1,Thanks for detailed explanation sir,i Follow U and read Almost ur every article and Suggestions by u, currently Am not spending any money as I Figured that i need To learn about aso and other things u have mentioned,i will follow all ur points.

15. spicedbeangames

Buying App Store reviews is a big 'no no'. If you get caught out, they can close your account and probably ban you. App Store search is changing this October, so any ways of ASO will be out of date.

blackswan, Arshpreet and Christoph like this.
  16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

What will change exactly?

Arshpreet likes this.
  17. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

Tha
    nk U Sir i Wll Keep ur Points in Mind too and Am not yet ready For Spending Money and Working On aso

18. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

i Have
    changed name and discription Is entirely changed and my app is bit easy To discover