How Do I Set Up This Challenge World

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by scott, Dec 11, 2017.

1. scott

scott Boxer

I have a challenge world that has a total of 6 scenes including the start scene of the challenge world.
    levels 1-4 are set to a scene distance of 1149.411 each
    levels 5-6 are slightly longer 1178.343
    I want to set levels 1-5 to random and when the player reaches a total distance of 4500 in this world I want a menu jump to take them to level 6 which if they successfully complete will award the player bonus points that they can use to unlock characters.
    Is it possible to do this? I am enclosing a screenshot of the mind map here- hoping that someone smarter than I can tell me if it is possible to do this and how.
    I thought I might need to add another event observer to the Challenge World 1 UI in order to do this but have no clue as to how to configure that to do what I want it to do.

It would seem that something like this should be possible. I have spent a lot of time in the forums searching for a solution with no luck thinking it should not be this hard to find a solution to this.

Thanks to anyone that takes the time to answer this -

Attached Files:

AppNasty likes this.
  2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Just put a menu jump option at that distance. Then when player hits it, he will jump to wherever you send him. Normally to a menu, but connect the menu jump to the level you want them at. I think i got that right.....

3. scott

scott Boxer

hmmm
    Thanks for the reply One Hit Gamer- I will try that but not able to mentally visualize how that would work. If the scenes on a level
    are set to random to keep the player from detecting the same pattern over and over again there is no way to know when the distance
    will be achieved for the menu jump to be placed.
    I think if I were to make the scenes longer in each level increasing them say to 5000 instead of 1149 then placed the menu jump on each
    level at a desired location it might work and still allow for the randomness of the game play to somewhat occur.
    I will try it and let you know how it works out.
    Thanks again for posting this suggestion