How Can I Stop A "point" Or "coin" Disappearing

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by AaroArts, Jul 19, 2016.

1. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

In my game, I collect points in the form of coins, but I'd like the coin to stay they after it's been collected.
    Is there a setting I can switch to stop it being removed from the scene?

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Place a coin as decoration behind the coin action. It will look like it stayed there and the player will collect it nonetheless.

yenomeerf likes this.
  3. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I thought that might be the only solution :(
    I have so much haha. I should of planned this better.
    I figured I'd asked before attempting the tedious job of adding them all.
    Thanks for posting.

Christoph likes this.
  4. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

select the coin action desired and go to animation settings then open action animation box and there drop the same coin animation as object and change it from platform to decoration and make it spawn every 500 permanent.

yenomeerf likes this.
  5. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Wow, you are a life saver.
    This works perfectly. Thanks so much.
    Just as a note to anyone else using this, the only other thing I had to do was change the "Animation Placement" to Powerup when using the above method, so the decoration stays in the same place as the original coin, otherwise it's set by default to replace the character and will move.

Thanks again. Awesome.

6. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Also, can the same be done with portals? It would be cool if you could give portals an image...

7. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

you can use the same method just make non action and put it above the portal or just put an object decoration above the portal if there is no animation

8. gidibs

gidibs Boxer

Hi Sam Aaro.....seems we have similar problems and I urgently need your help. I'm trying to implement an action that will change the colour of a ball when the ball collides with the action (like in color switch). Problem is... I want the action to be reusable in the same scene but the action disappears after collision with the ball. Is there a way i could make the action permanent so it keeps changing the colour of the ball whenever the ball collides with it. Thanks in advance. P.S. I dont mind losing the image of the action as long as the effect of the action is still active.

9. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

The only way I think you can do it, is by dropping a coin when you collide with it.

So put an invisible enemy on top of the coin, and paste an enemy/coin in the enemies death animation.
    Then when you collide/kill the enemy, it drops another enemy with a coin.

10. gidibs

gidibs Boxer

Hi Sam ... thanks for your reply but it doesnt work for me or maybe I didn't get your explanation clearly . Please could you be more explicit. Thanks

11. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I've just tried to implement it and it's not working how I thought.

Maybe you could try a spawner and link an Action to something thats spawned?
    So every 10 seconds or so, a new one appears?

It would help If I knew what game scenario you were aiming for. Then maybe we could find a work-around.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  12. gidibs

gidibs Boxer

Thanks for your reply....but it din't work as I needed it to. Firstly the object being spawned doesn't spawn with the action and i need to control the object and action which becomes impossible when an object spawns.
    I'm trying to create a game where a ball bounces within a shape with the ball changing colours when it hits the walls of the shape. The game would be ended if the ball doesn't collide with the corresponding colour. Each collision with matching colours of both the wall and the ball gives a point. Thanks once again.

13. Cem Batu

Cem Batu Boxer

Hello All. I am trying to make coins appear randomly in selected places even after they are collected in one scene again and again. But I could not find a solution. Any one can help? I'm new to the community and buildbox too. so please if you have solution think I am a child and explain me with details :) Thank you so much.