How can can scroll decoration objects like Cloud Path or Break game?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by danimanish01, Mar 10, 2016.

1. danimanish01

danimanish01 Boxer

Deal All,

I am trying to make use some gradient images crated in photoshop. I have added them as decoration objects. However, I am not sure how do I scroll them with multilevel game. The aim is to exactly have the same functionality in many other games, for instance:

"Cloud Path" - https://itunes.apple.com/app/cloud-path/id990628529
    and more recent one in "Break" - https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1066452721

I have other elements of the game in progress. But, this issue is becoming a blocker :(

Any help/steps/video or even further pointers will be appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance!
    /Dani.

Attached Files:

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

add those images and when you drag them in, drag them onto background... it's that easy. Now when you select the background on the list at the left, you have on option all the way to the right as to how fast they should scroll in the background.

edit: if you're in bb1, you select the background right in the scene to the see the options at the right.

that little padlock in the list of icons at the top of the scene editor is what locks your background in place once you have it how you want it... unlock it to be able to select it again to make changes and lock it back down

3. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

additionally, BB1 can only have 1 background image - so if you want to use decorations as your background so that you can have multiple backgrounds, they will not 'scroll'

4. danimanish01

danimanish01 Boxer

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. Ok, so I understand that we can add the individual images to background and control the speed. As a next step, how do I make sure that when one background image come to the end and next one starts, it does not show the join?

I might be missing something here and it may be completely a graphical design operation?

What do you think?

Many Thanks,
    /Dani

5. danimanish01

danimanish01 Boxer

Hi JWA,

I am using BB2 by the way.

Thanks.