Heyzap Mediation Problem

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by qbeesoft, Jul 26, 2016.

1. qbeesoft

qbeesoft Avid Boxer

I am not offending cris. Hope he may not misunderstand me, this is a personal dumb opinion and am stupid that i cant make it work
    I tried integrating hey zap mediation for IOS platform through he process of christoper. (search forum to find his article)

I added all sdks and permissions perfectly , started 10 times from scratch . After all steps and couple of successful experiment I understood that I wasted 4 hours of my life, which can be used to make a whole game.

Hey zap mediation is a great feature if you are looking NOT to disturb your players with coca cola or candy crush ad. May be this feature is most important for BB.

But Integration process is like nightmare. For example I added all sdks and still the mediation test suit says couple of SDKs not found. So what you can do? you have to start over to see if you missed any.

#wasted

Comments are appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    runrollgames likes this.
  2. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

if you consider that 4h for integrating heyzap (or anything else) is a time waste, and if you consider that a 4h is enought to make game able to generate revenue, and if you didn't took time to understand how heyzap work ....... don't believe that you're going to make any money from your games with such approach and such negative attitude.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    calvacharles, qbeesoft and Christoph like this.
  3. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, you should always invest time, companies call it R & D

calvacharles, qbeesoft and Christoph like this.
  4. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

Hi @qbeesoft
    Integrating Heyzap is quite simple and straightforward process.

1. Add HeyZap ID to BB project and export to IOS.
    2. Open project in Xcode, start adding third party SDK's ( no need for adding HeyZap SDK as is already added exporting from BB to IOS ) that you have already added and configured in HeyZap Dashboard turning them ON ( AdMob, Chartboost, AppLovin... )
    3. Under Build Phases -> Link Binary With Libraries add additional Frameworks that is required by your SDK ( Step 5 in HeyZap Doc. ) that you have added already. If you using AppLovin and Vungle make sure to add WebKit also.
    4. When everything is finish go to Product -> Clean and after try your game on your device.

russellartista and qbeesoft like this.
  5. qbeesoft

qbeesoft Avid Boxer

maate you did this ? Did you get positive result? And thanks for your time to write the comment. I am defenetly trying your method!

6. qbeesoft

qbeesoft Avid Boxer

One more thing mate, after (bool) code do I have to include the heyzap publisher start API and test mediation suite ?

7. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

After successful adding third party SDK's and importing additional Frameworks that all what need to be done in Xcode.
    HeyZap SDK is already included in exported IOS Project from BB, of course if you add HeyZap Publisher ID and choose HeyZap for Reward Video Ad, Banner or Interstitial.
    All of other work is need to be done in HeyZap Dashboard adding additional Advertising Networks and turning them ON.

qbeesoft likes this.
  8. qbeesoft

qbeesoft Avid Boxer

Hey mate I just found out that, buildbox project get error when we try to duplicate import the SDKs, such as In builbox dashboard it already has applovin, but if we again import the applovin SDK from the heyzap 3rd party mediation suite the xcode gives error as duplicate found. But I successfully integrated unity's SDK as it is not a part of buildbox by default. ;)

Did you get such error? what's your solution

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

If you are using mediation, don't include SDKs (except for HeyZap) inside Buildbox. This is explained in the HeyZap popup on export. There are ways around this but the popup explains the way we recommend.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  10. qbeesoft

qbeesoft Avid Boxer

So I shouldnt include other sdks as they are already imported from Buildbox already?

Please try to answer these as they are important
    # I am working with heyzap mediation suite. The mediation test is showing that The other SDKs are missing even though they are exported from buildbox.

# When I included unity, it is working just fine along with hey zap.

-- I am working on developing the heyzap medation to perfectly work with build box , Please contribute to this post

11. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Christoph tutorial work just fine, what's not working for you when you follow the tutorial ?

qbeesoft likes this.
  12. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Don't include them from Buildbox.

Don't include the SDKs from Buildbox (except for HeyZap).

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  13. qbeesoft

qbeesoft Avid Boxer

Andy Thanks for your comment, But I got confused about your comment. How can I not include other SDKs from buildbox , they are automatically build with the project when i export them from buildbox to IOS source code.

Here;s what i do,

I added admob code as primary interstitial, (on info page and pause page)
    I added heyzap in the first page as interstitial (for cross promotion purpose)
    I added Heyzap as video reward.
    Should I also not add admob code?

Can you please tell me.

14. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Correct, do not configure and do not add any networks if you want to use them for HeyZap mediation. Remove all the configuration info. In this case you should only configure and add HeyZap.

15. qbeesoft

qbeesoft Avid Boxer

@Andy mate through your advice I didnt include any network except hey zap from the buildbox software and exported it in IOS . But still am seeing this core frameworks are imported automatically and they conflict with 3rd party Heyzap SDKs except Unityads as it was not exported from buildbox. I am using buildbox 1.3.6 version.

What do I do?

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 12.40.38 PM.png

16. qbeesoft

qbeesoft Avid Boxer

here comes a error message saying duplicate SDK found when I try to add Applovin.

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 1.01.47 PM.png

17. qbeesoft

qbeesoft Avid Boxer

18. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

1.3.6 recommends using Xcode 7. If you check the size of those libraries (libPTAdMob.a, etc.) they should be very small. They are essentially empty and you can ignore them, they are just placeholders.

19. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

Hi @qbeesoft
    You have issue with AppLovin SDK Lib added into Xcode. Try to delete AppLovin that you have added, and add from AppLovin SDK -> headers folder and libAppLovinSdk.a separately.

20. qbeesoft

qbeesoft Avid Boxer

Guys, After upgrading to xcode 7.3.1 i made all error dissapear. Any way. if I enable admob from heyzap dashboard the game crashes. Should I be worried ? @Andy