font variants not appearing in the editor?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by scott, May 31, 2016.

1. scott

scott Boxer

I am wondering if I am missing something here with having fonts appear in a game. I thought if the font was on my computer it would appear in the font editor of buildbox but in many cases I am not seeing the variants of a type font appear.
    Example:
    If I want to use something like Helvetica Bold ( which I have on my computer ) when I look at the BuildBox font editor none of the variants for Helvetica appear ( bold, oblique ,etc ) The only thing I see available to use is the primary font form. ie: in this example it would be Helvetica.

I have noticed this to be the case in many of the fonts I have. I am wondering if this is something with how fonts are puled into Buildbox, or if is something I need to set on my computer ( IMAC - yosemite ) that is not allowing all of the fonts, and variants of a font face to be recognized by the Buildbox editor.

Obviously I could make the fonts as an image file but kind of a pain to do and defeats the purpose of having a font editor in the builder.

Any insight into this is appreciated.

thanks

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Current version of the font editor does not support variants. We do have a task to add font variants in our current task list. I do not however have a specific date that it will be done.