Fixing Issues When Updating From Bb 2.1.x To 2.2.5

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by ramiucef, Oct 21, 2016.

1. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Hi everyone

After searching and trying to fix all issues with updating my buildbox template made Buildbox 2.1.1 to 2.2.5 , i failed to setup all the setting so the game work without any problems :)

can you please give me tips and steps to update games settings for buildbox 2.2.5 , specially Action setting

problem i got

- action gameplay are not working the same even if i added the same bb 2.1.1 settings ( yes, i already changed velocity drag value to the right values but without any luck )

- wake up a plateform from distance is not working , even with the same bb 2.1.1 setting , the plateform stay fixed and doesn't move

- i'm using invisibility action for my character to break walls , so when he break a wall , it became pieces and spawn everywhere, but on buildbox 2.2.5 , the pieces spawn on one place

- also other plateforme that move are so slow and spawn in one place

can you guys give me a solution the fix all this using and be able to update all my games to buildbox 2.2.5 ,

i mean this kind of problem would be normal if i was going from buildbox 1.3.7 to buildbox 2.x , but not from buildbox 2.1.1 to 2.2.2 or 2.25 o_O

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Best would be to send the bbdoc to support so they can take a look in both 2.1.1 and 2.2.5. Without seeing the file it is almost impossible to help.

3. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

4. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

do i really need to subit 10 buildbox template games to support , and everytime ?

can anyone give a simple guide for settings place to change ? am i the only one how is facing this problem ?

5. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

From your description it doesn't sound like a setting issue. It seems like more of a conversion issue which the support team would need to take a look. We can't help to much in the forum unless we had your bbdoc which I don't advise you send

6. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

did you ever notice physics object slowdown on buildbox 2.2.5 ?

btw , i don't have the problem with all my game , only games that i made with buildbox 2.1.1 and then after opening the templates with with bb 2.2.5 that happen

7. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

You could make a new action game in the style you selected(if it was from a preset) - then write down those settings.
    Open your actual game - then replace or adjust the numbers and see if that does the trick. ALWAYS make a back up first before going ahead.

I had a problem with the direction of a spawning object from a template I purchased and just added the numbers in again, and it worked fine.

ramiucef likes this.
  8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@ramiucef
    Air Drag can cause issues between older and newer versions, try setting to 0 or 100 (you might have some really high or negative number there. Also sometimes the Advance Move (if switching direction type gameplay) needs to be adjusted. Can really get more specific without seeing your game. In both of these cases there was bug fix that the solution was not able to guess 100% what the setting should be after. There may be some other minor things that escape me right now.