Close Ui Animation

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by trudnai, Sep 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Hey Guys,

When is Close Animation is supposed to run? When UI opens the Open Animation runs as expected. Then Character dies and the Game Over UI comes out, however, I have a Close Animation on the Game Field UI, which I thought should be running when that UI is closing off and before Game Over UI is coming up. It is not running... Am I missing something?

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Just tried to see if it works, and i can't get it to work either.

3. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@trudnai It doesn't work...But instead you can add it to the Open Animation of Game over screen...Will work the same....

trudnai likes this.
  4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Yep that was thinking about too. But there are couple of implications with that:
    1. You need to have to include objects on both UI, for example on a paging world selection the second page also need to include the buttons of the first page...
    2. Of course if you make changes you need to manually synchronize those changes over the other UI
    3. A UI may will be loaded from multiple places so for each you might need different "closing" animations for each...

Btw I can't seem to be able to copy an animation from one UI to another or even from one object to the other in the very same UI

5. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I haven't messed with close ui on character death, but does it have to do with your death delay and how many frames are in the close ui? buildbox animates at 30fps ... death delay 2 seconds? is the close supposed to start after the death delay? during? i don't know but could be something to look at.

6. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

I also checked with increasing the death delay, and frames and nothing works...It doesn't show...and @trudnai these cases you mention are included with it...

And also this is a little drawback, you cannot copy/paste animations in a UI or to another UI...However in the same ui you can duplicate the object with the animation you want, if you want the function to be same, then you replace the properties on the sidebar and change the graphic...Useful for Gameover screen buttons....

7. heathclose

this is inaccurate... you most definitely can... it will even paste animation data

8. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Hmm I must be missing something here, it does not seem to work for me. What I wanted to do is to copy either the complete animation, or just Position X on the entire timeline or maybe only a keyframe or multiple selected keyframes and paste it/them to another object's animation. How do you do that?

9. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

10. heathclose

Select any element copy it go to the other user interface and paste it...

If you ever have trouble pasting anywhere make sure you click where you want to paste so it has focus ...any editor needs to have focus before it will paste properly

Jaky1 and playsgames6666 like this.