Choosing a Business Name

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by sysads, Nov 2, 2015.

1. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Apologies to the forum moderator if this is off topic. For the past 48 hours I have been trying to get a suitable business name for my business and so far all the good and juicy names have either been taken or the .com domain had been taken :(

I was hoping I could get some insights from those in the community that had successfully registered a company name and hoping they could advise on an appropriate name.

Thanks

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

How about Appadelic Games or Appster Games
    Actually you can choose whatever you like. Make it work for yourself. Something that you see yourself identified. And that you can build a brand upon. As you can see, some games even succeed without a company name.

sysads likes this.
  3. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

@Christoph I certainly do agree with you that games succeed without a company name. I am just trying to avoid TAX related issues here in UK as I am not fully sure how this works if you are earning income from Google or Apple games

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

You will pay taxes either way. Don't know about the UK but normally it's around 30-45% of what you earn. So for each dollar you make, 30% goes to Apple, 30-45% to you government and the rest is going to make you happy.

5. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

In the past I have seen people use Keywords to be the name of their company. E.g. "Top Free Games Limited" "Addictive Games" etc.
    Perhaps there is some merit to going this route with regard to discovery.

6. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Ah you just nailed it :D

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Words in your company name are included in the keywords. Yes, it for sure can help have 2 more of them.