Checkpoint Or No Checkpoint?

Discussion in 'Gameplay' started by spicedbeangames, Sep 22, 2016.

1. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Hey all!

So right now, I am grinding hard on getting Trump vs Zombies ready for its Nov 2 launch. I wanted to make this game pretty challenging with pretty good sized levels but wanted to get others feedback on checkpoints.

Each level is approx 50 scenes long and not random. This doesnt include secret levels for bonus coins.

Useful? Bad idea?
    Share your views!

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Not sure on what your game play is like.
    But if the game is really hard checkpoints are good i guess. It helps users to feel like there getting somewhere through the levels.
    also depends on how many levels you have.
    But you could also add checkpoints and have watch a video to continue, Boost a bit of revenue. Just make sure your checkpoints are in a safe place where character won't be defeated straight away.
    Maybe you could have checkpoints on some levels and none on others.
    Good luck

spicedbeangames likes this.
  3. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Yeah, look .... I'm a big fan of making sure the player sees progress... I know this is a passionate debate about endless games but I have to have progress ...

Otherwise achieving something they couldn't previously do and then punishing them by starting ALL over again will only cause resentment and they will bail... I do it all the time...

spicedbeangames likes this.
  4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Interesting. I'm currently toying with the idea of making the Levels unlock via a coin purchase using the in game currency. So players may/not feel so cheated.

I will probably have to try out both methods and see which goes down best lol