Character Stop When Shoots, Is It Possible?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Gui7Hec, May 9, 2017.

1. Gui7Hec

Gui7Hec Boxer

My character is shooting and move forward at the same time and i want that when he shoots, he stay on the same place. Is it possible to do on buildbox?

2. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

Yes use a Action Item Put it in the Objekt ( strg v and strg c )modify the Action Item with gamplay and the time you need to stop .

Gui7Hec likes this.
  3. Gui7Hec

Gui7Hec Boxer

Thank you for the reply! But I still don't know exacly what I have to do. Can you send some prints, please?
    ps: Sry for my english xd

4. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

i have think it works but you can stop the char and The game

5. Gui7Hec

Gui7Hec Boxer

I see... but I don't know how to do it. I'm new at buildbox. If you could explain better how to do it, I would appreciate.

6. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

You make a action item as you want ... Than you go to the action Item and use Gameplay ( you can modify the gamplay as you Like ). Than you copy the Action Item into a obejct . Conect the char to the object and spwan with shoot (object into the char ) you shoot and the gamplay Change .

7. Gui7Hec

Gui7Hec Boxer

Thanks for your attention with me! I tried but I can't do it. Like I said, I'm new at buildbox :(

8. Gui7Hec

Gui7Hec Boxer

9. Gui7Hec

Gui7Hec Boxer

It's urgent, pls

10. Gui7Hec

Gui7Hec Boxer

Anyone?

11. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

In one game i use 2 buttons with 2 different action to do.
    Add "Shoot" button then after this add a Action Button with an action that change Gameplay to stop the character, or if you use Advanced Move, add another Component action with your Advanced Move , and disable "Block Through" at your Action Button.
    Then when you press it, one stop your caracter and one shoot.

12. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

I have another idea i think it work, i will check it when i am home and will send you the bbdoc or Tutorial . I think it works with advance move (with collision) from char and object als enemy with 0 damage and Chat with 0.1 or 1 damage .

13. Gui7Hec

Gui7Hec Boxer

Thanks for the answers! I really have to fix this, it's my final project at school and i don't have so much time to finish it...

blad300 - I already had a button that on press, it will shoot but in the Action Type i had Invicibility and now i change to gameplay and put all the gameplay properties to 0 and the character actually stops when shoots but... the problem is, all the enemies stop too. What i have to change just to stop the character and not the enemies? Or maybe it's not what i'm doing, because i'm stopping the game...

Phoebe - I'm curious about your idea, it seems great! When you do it, please send me.

14. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

Man, don't put everything to 0 , you have there Time Warp , so it's stop everything, what you need to change is Speed of character to 0 , rest of all set them like your original Gameplay

15. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

blad300 likes this.
  16. Gui7Hec

Gui7Hec Boxer

blad300 - It worked! But there's a problem. I can't kill the enemies... Do you know a way to fix it?
    Phoebe - You sure that's the right link? I think the character can't even shoot...

17. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

What you spawn ? , when you shoot you spawn an object that can hurt enemy (if you add Damage to Object and more Life to Enemy) or you can kill directly Enemy by select that Object to Kill Everyone .

18. Gui7Hec

Gui7Hec Boxer

My character only have melee attack, so that's why i need that he stops when shoots. Can I use what you said about spawn with that type of shoot (melee)? And How?

19. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

The character have 1 damage because you swan a object you Need tokill it . make the enemies with 2 health and you fixed it . oNe bullet for stop one Bullet for kill . make the Bullet with 2 dmg . i have forgetthe shoot object as a bulltet

20. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer