Can You Guys Live Out Of The App You Created With Bb

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by yEzass, Jan 2, 2017.

1. yEzass

yEzass Boxer

Just a simple question that nobody will answer. I'm asking this because I don't know what to do. I have half finished game that I want to publish, but I don't know if it is profitable. So I ask you guys, how much downloads you have and get in a day and is the revenue coming ?

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Hard question to answer really.
    But you will never never NO unless you give it a GO!!!
    1- it depends on your game. And as you said how many downloads it gets.
    2- is it addictive and will users keep playing it?
    3- Revenue depends on amount of users playing your game, If it is popular then you get higher paying ads shown in your game.
    if its doing nothing then you get lower ads.
    4-Downloads are the KEY, The usual thing of importance, ICON, SCREENSHOTS, and a good GAMEPLAY.
    5- Profitable? Really? if your making games to make money, and don't publish them, you won't make money, LOL
    Seriously, no one is going to share their revenue, Fully.
    But if your game is Good, and really Good, it will get downloads.
    Yo might have to do some marketing, social spamming, send to game review sites, whatever.
    But as i said earlier, you have to publish a game before you know what its going to do.
    Good luck

Christoph likes this.
  3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

They said about a year ago that in 2018 only 0.01% of all apps in the appstore will be profitable (or was it even less?). So this is basically the answer to your question. It's very hard to make a living from this. Most of us are struggling. After over a year I still am, but I'm stubborn too so I keep trying. Hahaha. + I haven't tried everything yet. It's definitely a long way to get somewhere but it's fun. You might want to do several things at the same time to not depend on the revenue of the games. At least until you get enough revenue to live from it for several months or the year to come. Good luck and a happy New Year!

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Buildbox isn't the holy grail of getting an app store hit. Search the forums - there's already a ton of people asking this question. I would say having a great game is key - but so many great games are unsung heroes.

2017 will be even more of a challenge due to how both Google and Apple now use paid advertising to rank search results, If you think you've a great game, PR build up and awareness is key prior to release

Christoph likes this.