Camera To Move With The Character

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Nordlysvegen, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Nordlysvegen

Nordlysvegen Boxer

Hi,

I've searched the forum and the manual for this but could only find outdated information (BB1).

Let's say I have a racing game and I want the camera to move forward if the car speeds up, as in give the player the possibility to actually progress faster, instead of just blocking him at the top, how do I do that?

I clicked the game frame button but couldn't make out anything that could represent camera movement options.

Thanks for your help!

2. Nordlysvegen

Nordlysvegen Boxer

Add-on: I just started a new project and this time (not sure which setting is different), the camera does move forward when I get close to the top of the screen, however, I would want the camera do that forward movement much earlier (the car being located further down), otherwise the player would run into oncoming cars too easily, as he sees them too late.

3. Nordlysvegen

Nordlysvegen Boxer

:rolleyes: Solution: Activate "Show Game Frame" and drag the yellow box into the right position. Clicking on each side changes the border's property. ;)

Jackazoid likes this.
  4. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

That's right. Maybe also play with world/Camera smooth. Sometimes it can have a cool effect.

5. Jay

Jay Boxer

Where is the 'Show Game Frame' option?

6. Jayant Mall

Jayant Mall Boxer

Its on the upper right corner of the scene along with the Lock Backgrounds button, Magnet button etc.

Josh (Nology Games) likes this.