Buildbox 3.4.6 Beta Is Here With Asset Store And More!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey there creators! :)

We’re here with the 3.4.6 Beta. We've got some fantastic new features to try out :)

New Features:
    • Improved and updated Tooltips for a huge number of Editor features
    • Expanded Asset Library / Asset Store with many more items than previously available. For a limited time, Creators that participate in the beta will receive free Buildbux to use on the Asset Store!
    • Improvements and fixes for Buildbox World global sharing, including a customizable Creator Name that will display as the Author on Bits within Buildbox World

Known Issues:

• Menu options may be disabled before opening a project
    • Asset store preview images are low quality or not descriptive enough
    • Interactive tutorial may not function as intended
    • Asset store is not integrated to UI scenes. (Note that UI assets are available on the store but won't populate automatically into the UI Scene asset library. This will be addressed by full release.)
    • Asset library items may change order unexpectedly or overlap each other, closing and reopening the project can help
    • Changing your Creator Name may not update until you close and reopen Buildbox and may prevent exporting to BBWorld until you do so
    • You cannot export in the same session that you set your creator name. Workaround is to close Buildbox and reopen it before you can export globally

As always ensure always making backups of your BBDOC before using this build. Also any bugs you find please shoot it over with details to support@buildbox.com

macOS
    : https://releases.buildbox.com/build...4.6-5378_9e15bb67e99b7be48edea7004c4a55f4.dmg

Windows
    : https://releases.buildbox.com/build...4.6-5378_2d2a289631a3eba57af50cf3626e94f0.exe

Thank you again for the being the best part of the Buildbox Community and helping us improve Buildbox!

2. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Just downloaded :) The first thing I noticed is Buildbux coins. I would like to know how to accumulate these coins ?

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  3. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

You can use real money to purchase new coins, the system works and you can approximate the prices on the store with real money like 100 coins are around 1$

[​IMG]

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  4. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

These are actually Buildbox coins used to purchase things in the asset store and the value is 5$, you can purchase multiple items but the important ones are 1$ aka 100 coins so pick carefully.

Since we can add some feedback here's the things that I don't like about the asset Library so far. I will continue to play around with this version and provide feedback in upcoming posts:
    [​IMG]

Text version:
    1. The assets available in-store seems to have some issues for display and preview (point 3) these smart assets have preview issues all are marked with 1
    2. + Add More text is generic and I don’t get it I think it would be a good idea to say something like “Buy More” or “Purchase More coins” something more explicit
    3. The preview window is static I got the idea behind this but you can see scaled up items on 2d and static images for 3d purchases, it would be cool to see a preview of what you buy not just a scaled-up image
    4. All UI Assets do not feel interactable it took me some time to get the idea that it's a “see all” from that category. It should have a default background like “+ Add More” or “Add to Project” buttons so it’s consistent, also 9 of 263 should be in black since it's an info text, not a disabled label.
    5. The description is abstract here I would like to know if an asset is animated or not before I purchase it this applies to 3D objects smart assets etc, you have enough space to fill the gap so it can be better. Maybe some default on-off switches or markings can be used like Is Animated, is Smart Asset, Custom made can be used here.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  5. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Hi, yes I understood that . But what I asked is if the customers of buildbox has any way to accumulate Buildbux coins in Buildbux wallet as a token of appreciation for sharing the bbdoc to BBworld and every time a person plays the game there the developer would be benefited. Is there some kind of feature they are planning ?

6. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

not sure but this sounds good, you got my attention now, @Sean Buildbox do you mind sharing your thoughts?

7. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Perhaps there will be a monthly allowance for those who subscribe? MMO games, as an example, that have a cash shop and subscription give you a bunch of extras including in game shop currency.

It's an interesting take and if the assets are of a good quality then it's a smart idea.

8. Kaliterimes

Kaliterimes Boxer

Hello play for the update is that we can put our modeling and design for sale so that everyone can buy them directly inside

9. Sean Buildbox

There will be multiple ways to accumulate Buildbux coins. We'll have more details in the future ;)

10. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Alright so after investing more time in this version I have to create another topic for this release. Lets start with the elephant in the room, the advanced in-depth tooltips:
    [​IMG]
    Although these are good by design I tend to get annoyed by the "was this helpful? Yes/No" option I can spam it or send it or whatever it just won't disappear, I know you want feedback and find out what works and what does not work but asking for the same question hoping to get different result won't do it. Ether Make it optional or save the responses and get some used space back for more text.
    The 2nd issue that I have with this is that they are dynamic, there's no ? icon to go to to find out about a thing it just appears, this is getting annoying on dropdowns or preview window when you try to create hover logic using custom code.
    3rd issue with this can be found in animations options
    [​IMG] The idea is good but the execution is bad, if you want to teach how to use it 1st slow down the video and 2nd make them big enough so it can be followed
    I also would like an option to hide or show them or at least a place to hover to see the tooltips
    Export to BB world does not have a tooltip and I'm sure there are more options with this issue
    Probably a text size option would be lovely to have for those that have issues with eyes or an auto-read text for those that need it.

That would be for this tooltip generics but I will come back and try to provide feedback for the usage of this in all the available nodes, the idea is that they could be useful but are executed badly, in short words if you want to teach us how to use nodes at least slow down the video and make them understandable but I need to go through each individual node to provide the most feedback that you can get.

please let me know what you think? until next time, stay safe!

Thanks,

batahf and wmfear like this.
  11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Boxer

I love the idea of an asset store as it will help new users coming into the Buildbox ecosystem. What I don't like... and will avoid the store because of it... is the use of pseudo-currencies like Buildbux. Why not just do like other asset stores and make it very clear what you are being charged rather than making it obscure like a mobile game transaction. I don't see the value of that but open to hearing what the value is to the developer.

wmfear likes this.
  12. Sean Buildbox

There are advantages to Buildbux that would not work with other currencies like USD. Buildbux will have other ways to earn and reward them as well as other uses such as BBWorld. It is much more flexible and beneficial to the user overall.

13. Sean Buildbox

I've passed on this feedback to the team. Thank you ;)

wmfear and Vlad-NY like this.
  14. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

it looks as if a new creation is emerging trying to generate profits. Like Buildbox Bank. We try to earn something on every front but we forget about quality. This means that most of the changes made did not work. BB's greatest advantages have been rejected and there is no revolution. But there is no risk: it can always be sold to someone.

15. Sean Buildbox

Not at all. Asset Store and it's evolution has been requested be the community for years. This feature among others have been in the works for a while

Jaro likes this.
  16. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Approx. and how much will this revolution cost the makers? So what perk will BB charge for each purchase?

17. Sean Buildbox

I'm not sure I under exactly what is being asked here. Can you clarify? Feel free to DM as well

Jaro likes this.
  18. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

He's asking what is the persentage cost that bb will take upon purchasing items from the store

Jaro likes this.
  19. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Sorry for complicated terms. Vlad explained exactly what I was asking.

20. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

When i launch wizard its the same ole wizard. How to access new one?