Apple Review: How Is It Possible?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by justforward, Jul 11, 2018.

1. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

Hello.
    It's not a secret that Apple made its review process extremely tough. Nowadays it's really difficult to successfully pass the review process.
    But I see many copycats and trash games that pass the review process. Moreover some devs do it on a regular basis. How is it possible?
    Or we can see that some games like THIS also approved by Apple. Is it a joke?
    Maybe there is a hack on how to pass the review process with any trash game?

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Funny! I was thinking this today. I check the app store daily for new releases and to see what's going on - and noticed lots of clones. So much for quality control!

justforward likes this.
  3. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

I think it boils down to Apple employees not doing their job. They have guidelines, but with the shear volume of submissions daily, bad games make it past employees who just don’t care.

4. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

agree, but what about devs who publish clones and trash games on Apple App Store on a regular basis. As I understand every time they have different reviewers, but still pass the review process.

5. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

I don’t know. It could be that developers are assigned to a single reviewer upon their first submission and those are are the reviewers who just don’t care.