Angelas 2 day release rule update?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by l_beav, Feb 22, 2016.

1. l_beav

l_beav Boxer

Some of you may remember Angelas 2 day release rule? Itunes connect has changed a bit since those days. What is the best way nowdays to release the app so that it gets full exposure in every country on the new apps list?

I have an app that is pending developer release as of today. Should I wait 2 days and then release? Or, Automatic release anytime 2 days from now, or what? Thanks for any advice.

2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

3. l_beav

l_beav Boxer

Hey Andy... that was really great info. Thanks for that. I am not sure if it answered my question though. It has been known that if you automatically launch your app you are missing out on the app being on the new apps list in some countries based on the time it comes out. i.e. I don't know if I release an app at 5pm on the west coast, if it will only be available on the new list from 5pm til 12 am on the westcoast and only available from 8pm to 12am on the east coast (if it even works like that). How do I release it so it is on the new list for every country for 24 hours/ the whole day? Thanks anyone for any input.

4. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Haven't heard of that! If you want to ensure English speaking countries have the game available in the western hemisphere then probably releasing it around 9pm PST will ensure its available across North America + UK/Ireland for next morning.

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Can you choose the hour of your release? I thought you only can choose the date which would assure that it's released everywhere at time to be in the new apps list the entire day.

6. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

yep you can specify date and time for release.