About World Duplication - Must See!

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Zoom123, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Zoom123

Zoom123 Boxer

I made about 10 skins for my game 'Busy Lanes'.View thread here: https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/busy-lanes-publisher-pending.6067/. Each skin is replacement png sequence of the enemy object's default animation. When I duplicate a world and replace the png sequence for the enemy object, it affects all other worlds. Why are the duplicated worlds linked? Is there a way for me to change the default animation of an object in a duplicated world without rebuilding the world?

If there isn't this means that I would have-to rebuild each and every scene 10 times... That's like rebuilding the initial game from the ground up 10 times: 1 time for each skin. I really hope that not the case here.

Please Help!

2. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

i know your pain... in the meantime there is nothing you can do. you will have to rebuild each world. there isn't any trick you can use to facilitate your work

3. Zoom123

Zoom123 Boxer

Sigh... But that's ridiculous! If there really is no way around this I guess I'll request this change for a future update.