1 Use Platform (newbie)

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Chibiske, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Chibiske

Chibiske Boxer

:) Hello, im new to BB and i search on the forum and Online about this (or close to this) but i still can't figure it out.

what i want: a platform that i can use 1 time, that the character can land on and jump from then Deletes so the character cannot go back.

what i've made: i made a platform an Enemy set to collide and Destroy Character [but in Objects= gave DAMAGE = -1] so the character won't die. (if i set it to No Destroy) it won't disappear(if u kill it).

My Character Shoots a bullet(Invisible) downwards (set to Spawn on Jump) so when my Character Lands on the platform Enemy it will not get destroyed automatically. then when he jumps he shoots the platform and thus destroying the platform too.

the problem: with this method my character can infinitely jump so the platforms are useless. and i can't use Jump from ground cause the platform is an Enemy. (also i don't think jump from ground works always. i tried it with jump counter 1, and sometimes i can still jump on air). thank you in advance

2. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

I hope this is what you are looking for.

jcalle and Chibiske like this.
  3. Chibiske

Chibiske Boxer

Thanks sir, but not really, When You land on your platform it breaks, the Character needs to jump off that platform (the character has all the time in the world to jump)(it's a timing Game) then Breaks.

BUT it did gave me a couple of ideas Thanks. (i didn't know Actions do that)~ BTW, is that BB3? looks Epic~ using bb2.

also a Platform like Old School Mario that when you land it Shakes about 3 seconds then falls. that would be cool too. i saw this on the forum https://www.buildbox.com/forum/inde...atform-shake-before-falling.10297/#post-55362
    but i don't know the "you can make a Clouds and shake Effect"?

4. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Good tutorial

It's Buildbox 1

TheGameAppStudio likes this.