Your App Was Built With An Unsupported Version Of Xcode

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by bmsingha, Jan 16, 2019.

1. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Hey folks

So this is something that is banging the heads all around for me. Currently we are using the BB version 2.3.7 and the xcode version 9.2. Everything was working all okay but all of a sudden the build exports generate error throwing this message that I have attached the screenshot. If anyone of you has come across this scenario and got fixed, can you let know what is that?

Tried all the stuffs that are available on stackoverflow but it doesn't works. Should we upgrade to xcode 10?
    Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.30.17 PM.png

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Yes. I updated recently. Do watch out though if you are using Appodeal. It may throw up errors that are addressed by using more updated versions of Appodeal SDK - not sure about the very latest one though. So you will have to play around with the APIs in that SDK throwing up errors. It may not, but I had that issue in November.

bmsingha likes this.
  3. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Thanks man, forum place is more appreciated when guys like you are responsive and helpful. Okay then will go for upgrading to xcode 10. Not using Appodeal, just tried it once, only preferring Applovin. Hoping so upgrading to xcode 10 doesn't bursts out with new issues related to BB version

4. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

The only issue you should see after the upgrade is that you will not be able to run on the simulators unless you hook up a real device, once you hook up your device you will then be able to use the simulators in Xcode 10. This doesn't always happen, but it seems to be a pretty big reported bug that hopefully will get fixed with next release. I also use Applovin and have had zero issues.

5. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Sounds perfect. we merely test the game on simulators, but instead always prefer to test it on iphone device itself. So in that case I assume it won't create any issues. Between, am downloading xcode 10, is that the one I should go for or xcode 10.1? Any big difference?

6. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

I use 10.1, can't recall if there were any issues with 10.0, don't think so.

7. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Great

Thanks mate, thanks for update