Would People Like It Or Hate It? Different Types Of Character In One Game?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Jaky1, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

I have a question. I am developing a game and I thought why not include some worlds which has different character and gameplay than the rest as a bonus mode?

For example I have cubes as main Characters and Circle as the other game mode character? SO would people like it? or they wouldn't ..I am really into it, but do not want to go to waste.

Want everybody's opinions...

Thanks!

@jerry @blad300 @Christoph @heathclose @trudnai @playsgames6666 -- Need opinions and a fun chat about the things our users like or dislike for knowledge purposes...

2. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Why not? I think it would be good.

Jaky1 likes this.
  3. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@Nihat Thanks man. Really? don't you think they would be like 'what such different gameplays and characters in one game?

4. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

I think one type of game it's enough.
    I have bonus world in Flipman Adventure where user have the chance to unlock other character(release from chain) :))

Jaky1 likes this.
  5. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Ahh sorry i didn't see the "gameplay". I'am just talking about character. And i don't mean major changes. Just the colour of some parts and etc.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Christoph and Jaky1 like this.
  6. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

So would they like it? If I have a game mode that is pretty different than the main mode? with sphere character? Look at color switch so many different modes, I think people like it...But the main problem is in the additional mode I have the main character cannot work in that gameplay kinda so I added a Ball for it. Just a one ball for the world ?

@Nihat @blad300

7. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

It's not nice what he does with `Color Switch` I don't like it , it's like you play `Call of Duty` and in same game you play a bonus level `Need for Speed` :)) . my opinion .
    In my Bonus World it's the same character, same game mode , but look different `like a bonus world` and after he collect all the diamonds, he unlock next character, so in level 2 he can play with next character.
    after he finish level 2 he unlock bonus level 2 where he can unlock 3rd character .

Jaky1 likes this.
  8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I think in Color Switch it works because switching colors is the main theme of the game. So you really never are playing another game.

Just keep it the same game and you are good to go.

Nihat likes this.
  9. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Yeah, Mine kinda drifts off the main concept of the game in that world..But it such a great idea, guess I make a standalone game for it :)

Christoph and blad300 like this.
  10. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Thank you guys very much.. I have decided to remove those worlds :oops:..Anyways. I was wondering can I use the word SAGA for my game? like XXX Saga..? I know saga means a series of something, which I don't intend to but I would give it on the basis of variety of modes..(I still have modes which are relevant to main gameplay):D...Example is Candy Crush Saga, although they did release games after that like soda etc.

So is it appropriate to use SAGA in a game name?

Thanks!

11. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Christoph likes this.
  12. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

13. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Color Switch become a platform of its own. It contains many games in one bundle. The theme is always the same but game play and sometimes the mechanic is different.

I think the idea behind is that it is a platform, so you use that single app no matter which game play you like.

It also helps on player engagement. If it was one single game, ppl can get bored after a while and abandon the game and even delete it. However, since newer and newer game types are added to Color Switch ppl can enjoy those new things and get back to the same app to play something new.

I think @Machine Rises made a very clever choice there, he has a user base of 100+M and why not harvest it? And it is good to players too since they might have purchases like "remove ads" and that applies to all "mini games" inside the Color Switch platform.

Nihat and Jaky1 like this.
  14. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Indeed @trudnai ..! Very clever ideas they put into it regularly.

trudnai likes this.
  15. mollymikulak

mollymikulak Boxer

An excellent post. Continue to develop in the same spirit. And also develop with our company. My name is Molly Mikulak and I am an analyst in the company engaged in supporting and developing mobile applications. try here http://reviews-up.com/app-store-optimization/ I invite you to visit our site for cooperation. Thanks you