Windows Store Error C1083

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by tyris_audronis, Jul 18, 2016.

1. tyris_audronis

tyris_audronis Boxer

When I follow the steps to build within VS, I'm getting this error with my Buildbox export:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error C1083 Cannot open compiler intermediate file: 'V:\GameDev\PACKT\Content\Builds\WindowsStore\RemblinRover-Chapter7\uwp\Release\BBPlayer\BBPlayer.ipdb': Permission denied BBPlayer v:\gamedev\packt\content\builds\windowsstore\remblinrover-chapter7\uwp\bbplayer\generated files\xamltypeinfo.g.cpp 1

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

Trust me I've tried over 50 times but could not get Visual Studio to compile the package.

3. tyris_audronis

tyris_audronis Boxer

Yeah... Support's claiming that it's the first they've heard of any hiccups... Are you getting the same error?

4. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

5. tyris_audronis

tyris_audronis Boxer

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I don't think either one of these issues are specific to Buildbox.

@tyris_audronis
    Sometimes we ask some basic questions because we have no idea of the knowledge of someone we are trying to help. I've spent at least 30 minutes on your issue today trying to figure out why you are facing this, so we're not brushing you off. Try a test build in a temporary directory on your desktop. Not sure why you are having this permissions error, it's not been reported by anyone else to my knowledge.

@telerebor
    From what I can tell it sounds like there is some conflict involving Windows 8 and Windows 10. Just need to verify what OS you are running and confirm you are using VS 2015, right? Also, trying to build for Windows 10 right? From a bit of searching people with similar issues to you are trying convert from Windows 8 to Windows 10.

7. tyris_audronis

tyris_audronis Boxer

Sorry if my frustration is coming through. I'm now on 2 weeks of generating builds, and windows store is close to the tail end... iTunes was a royal pain. At any rate, your suggestion got me further, but now there is a whole new set of errors:

Warning Your application is missing a Runtime Directives (rd.xml) file. Runtime Directives are used to describe the dynamic behavior of your application and control the .NET Native optimizer. It is recommended to have at least one rd.xml file in your project. BBPlayer C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\.NetNative\x86\ilc\IlcInternals.targets 934

Warning ILTransform_0027: Method 'CreateLambda' within 'System.Linq.Expressions.Expression' could not be found. BBPlayer C:\Users\Ty\Desktop\testBuild\uwp\BBPlayer\Resources.System.Linq.Expressions.rd.xml 35

Warning ILTransform_0027: Method 'ParameterIsAssignable' within 'System.Linq.Expressions.Expression' could not be found. BBPlayer C:\Users\Ty\Desktop\testBuild\uwp\BBPlayer\Resources.System.Linq.Expressions.rd.xml 91

Error APPX0002 Task 'ValidateAppxPackage' failed. Could not find file 'C:\Users\Ty\Desktop\testBuild\uwp\BBPlayer\Package.StoreAssociation.xml'.
    BBPlayer C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\AppxPackage\Microsoft.AppXPackage.Targets 2474

Error APPX0002 Task 'ValidateAppxPackage' failed. Could not find file 'C:\Users\Ty\Desktop\testBuild\uwp\BBPlayer\Package.StoreAssociation.xml'.
    BBPlayer C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\AppxPackage\Microsoft.AppXPackage.Targets 2474

8. tyris_audronis

tyris_audronis Boxer

BTW... I wasn't being snarky with my apology. I do love Buildbox... great software. I'm just exasperated with all this compiling after 2 weeks when it only took a month to build the app. So... apologies again for my tone, any help is appreciated.